Enjoy Healthy Air & Bring Relief to Family Members Suffering from Allergies, Asthma, and Other Respiratory Conditions
A side-effect of today's tighter energy-saving construction methods and engineered building materials has been an increase in indoor air pollution. 50% of all illnesses and allergies are either caused or aggravated by unhealthy living spaces. The result: increased absenteeism and poor work and school performance.
Indoor air pollution is "among the top five environmental risks to public health. . . reaching levels as much as 10, 25, even 100 times higher than outside air" according to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). Portable room air cleaners, humidifiers and dehumidifiers are costly to operate and provide only partial solutions.
We offer a wide range of whole-house healthy air solutions including:
- Whole house humidification during heating season. Heated air dries out mucous membranes making family members more susceptible to respiratory infection. Winter humidification has these added benefits:
- You stay comfortable at lower thermostat setting thus cutting fuel and electric bills
- Preserves expensive artwork, antique furniture, fine wood floors, and woodwork.
- Eliminates annoying static electricity.
- Healthier skin and hair.
- Whole-house air cleaning. Standard 1" blue filters stop only the largest of particles. Somewhat more effective 1" pleated filters fill fast if not changed frequently. This inhibits airflow and will reduce comfort, increase your fuel and electric bills and may well damage expensive equipment.
Homeowners often attempt to improve the air quality by purchasing "high efficiency" filters at home centers and hardware stores. These WILL OBSTRUCT THE AIRFLOW so critical to comfort & efficiency. The consequences are grave including DAMAGE to parts and expensive compressors and fan motors. NO CHANGE SHOULD EVER BE MADE TO YOUR SYSTEM without first consulting a professional certified and equipped in air balancing diagnostics.
The most cost-effective and energy-efficient way to clean your home's air is with an efficient air filter incorporated into your heating and cooling system. We offer solutions that effectively remove bacteria, pollen, animal dander, and other pollutants as small as 0.01 microns. That's 18,000 times smaller than the head of a pin. These systems are engineered to have minimal impact on air flow, and their filters need changing only two to three times a year. For those with severe allergies, we also offer Whole House High Efficiency Particulate Arresting (HEPA) filtration systems.
Other available solutions will remove indoor pollutants including tobacco smoke, cooking fumes, mold spores, viruses and volatile organic compounds (VOCs) that come from cleaning products, modern construction materials and stain resisting chemicals treating carpeting and fabrics.
For the ultimate in allergy/asthma relief and protection
from colds, flu & other infections, Lincoln recommends
these two state-of-the-art air purification systems.
CLICK FOR MORE INFORMATION.
- Humidity control. Musty odors, clammy air, damp floors and furnishings? The Cape's high humidity is not only uncomfortable, but it fosters several of the most virulent of allergens: mold, mildew and dust mites, the microscopic pests that live in upholstered furniture, carpets and mattresses. Dust mites feed on human and animal skin cells and get their moisture from the air. As relative humidity climbs, their appetites increase as do their irritating waste products. Where humidity is controlled, they desiccate and die.
Today's more advanced air conditioners and heat pumps include electronic controls that keep humidity under control. For those with no A/C, with standard heating/cooling or with very damp homes, Lincoln recommends Aprilaire's whole-house central dehumidifier. This low-maintenance unit is installed into your existing ductwork. It pulls air through the return ducts, drains away moisture and then sends dry air back into every room. Where air conditioning exists, it works in conjunction to balance humidity levels. During cooler periods or where air conditioning isn't installed, it works independently to monitor and control your home's humidity.
Portable humidifiers sold in home centers and hardware stores are notorious energy wasters and treat air in just one space. Collection bins must be emptied by hand. 4X more efficient, the low-maintenance whole-home central dehumidifier is the safest most effective way to rid your home of excess humidity.
The Aprilaire central dehumidifier will wring out your home like a damp sponge! When first installed, it will likely run for an extended period. That's because your home's materials and fabrics act like sponges absorbing moisture to the same level as the ambient air. As your new dehumidifiers dries out your home's air, that trapped moisture will be released. Once your home is fully dried, the dehumidifier will continue to monitor the air and keep your home and furnishings free from dampness.
- Energy-efficient ventilation. Before the introduction of energy-efficient home construction, ventilation was not a concern. Homes were drafty. Now homes are built tighter, and older homes have been retro-fitted with increased insulation, weather stripping and energy-efficient windows and doors. Simply put, many homes today do not get adequate air. Pollutants get trapped in the home environment. We offer solutions that exchange stale inside air with fresh outside air while retaining seasonal heating and cooling.
Next: Preventative Maintenance