|No Half Measures / No Cut Corners 508-428-0974 |
"Why Don't Other Contractors Tell Me This Stuff?"
It's Simple . . . They May Not Be Doing What We Do.
In many cases, other contractors simply don't do what we do. They haven't invested in the necessary equipment and training. We not only do them, but we tell you about them in both our proposals and in our post-job audits. Why? Because they're important!
Here are just some examples:
- We Use a Micron Gauge to test refrigerant line pressure. Without this precision instrument, there is absolutely no way to insure that all moisture has been removed from refrigerant lines and that there isn't a leak in the system. But fewer than half of technicians use them.
- We Braze Refrigerant Lines with silver-bearing alloys using an air-acetylene torch. Soldering at lower temperatures is just not adequate for lines under pressure. But some technicians do it to save time and money.
- We Fabricate Sheet Metal in our own shop: Our licensed master craftsmen fabricate ductwork fittings specific to your job. Most companies have neither the licenses, the training nor the equipment to fabricate ductwork. Rather they:
- Try to make due by cobbling together standard parts from a supply house which has a negative impact on the balanced airflow critical to comfort and energy-efficiency,
- Contract out to a sheet metal fabricator which can introduce delays into your installation, or
- Use duct board which we believe is a not only a cheap alternative to metal but one that over time will have a negative impact on indoor air quality.
- We Perform a Static Pressure Test with every heating/cooling service. This is the only sure way to detect either blockage or inadequate ductwork to handle the airflow.
- We Provide Heat Loss/Gain Calculations on every project we perform. Rule of thumb: Square footage sizing does not work and never has. Every house has different factors that need to be taken into account when sizing equipment. Equipment which has been over or under sized has detrimental effects on your comfort, utility bills and the equipment itself. All of our systems are properly sized using the latest software that takes into account the newest infiltration loads which no other program offers. A very high percentage of installations are oversized because accurate calculations were not performed, costing you money. Demand that these calculations be provided on any heating or cooling project.
- Chemical Cleaning of the Heat Exchanger, Evaporator and Condenser Coils with maintenance service. Some technicians just wipe down with a rag. Others don't even bother. But just 0.01 inch of dirt on an evaporator coil can reduce its efficiency by 5%.
Next: Confidence & Security
"I can't say enough about your company. Your quick, and I mean quick response was great! Since Matt's visit, there's been a big difference in our system's performance all the way around. You have a customer for life. Thanks guys."
Bill Williams, Mashpee, 12/30/13
“Balanced HVAC has done a great job on our HVAC system. They provide prompt professional service. Unlike other companies, they are very clean inside the house. Our house is much more comfortable with our new system.”
Suzy, Barnstable, 6/21/13